Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A question...well a series of them at least!

We talk a lot. I like to think of myself as a good communicator. Maybe, maybe not. But one of my favorite subjects is myself. Surprise! LOL! I guess my view of myself can be a bit different than what others see. If only they could see the inside of me, what I am really thinking, they would run off screaming in fear and horror!
There are of course things that we do not see in ourselves that others do. The Greeks called it the tragic flaw, basing tragic plays on a persons inability to see the flaw that becomes their downfall. So getting that melodramatic point out, I was actually floored by knottygirl's rather innocuous statement about myself that until she mentioned it, I never really knew that about myself and our relationship.
What she said was that I was the nurturer and she wasn't.
...hmmmm...
Never did I think about that, never did I see it in me. But it's true. So it it's been a day now, and I find myself asking the question: Can a Nurturer be a Master?
I'm not one to go with labels but this is more of an exercise for my mental agility. Would a nurturer be more of a submissive role in a relationship? Can I be both? Or must one take a backseat to the other?

No comments: